- Type of exercise: plyometric
- Muscles used: Gastrocnemius, soleus
- Good for: Developing elasticity in the achillies
- When to use during rehab: End stages
If you’re doing this exercise with a patient in clinic, it’s best to use an exercise bench. If they don’t have access to this type of equipment, they can use a table or chair at home instead.
- Have your patient lean forwards and place their hands on the exercise bench.
- Their feet should be positioned so that one is placed slightly further back than the other.
- Have them jump their feet forwards and backwards, with the leg at the back doing all of the work.