- Type of exercise: Plyometric
- Primary Muscles used: Gastrocnemius and soleus.
- Good for: Developing ability to absorb impact
- When to use during rehab: Late stages
If you’re doing this exercise with a patient in clinic, it’s best to use an exercise bench or plyo box. If the patient is doing this exercise at home, it’s best to use a chair.
- Have the patient stand on top of the exercise bench.
- Have them stick one foot out in front of them and proceed to drop off the bench.
- They should land on the ball of the foot, with the heel slowly coming down after this.
- Have them hold the landing position for a couple of seconds.