The aim of the course is to teach you the basics of exercise prescription to provide evidence-based rehabilitation to an injured patient. You will gain valuable skills to help improve patient recovery and reduce their injury risk.
You’ll leave the event with the confidence to prescribe an exercise plan to help your patients in their rehabilitation, as well as understanding the underlying theory as to why.
During the day you will learn:
- How injuries occur.
- The underlying theories behind exercise rehab and strength and conditioning.
- How the body adapts to load.
- Objective tests to monitor injury progression.
- How and when to progress or regress exercises.
- How to write an exercise programme and what makes a programme effective.
- How to coach a range of exercises that can be carried out in your clinic and in the patient’s home.
- How exercise and orthoses can be used in conjunction with each other.
- When to refer a patient to a sports coach or strength and conditioning coach.
- The first half of the day will be classroom based. The second half will be more hands on and practical.
£162.50 + VAT
Lunch and refreshments included.
Due to current circumstances, we are rearranging dates, venues and times for this set of courses